My favorite professor by far this semester. You can tell she loves to teach, and she does so in a way that is approachable and effective. It never sounded like she was talking down to us, she was always willing to answer any questions, and she always maintained a positive attitude and kept the class engaged and attentive.
* Senorita Betsabé was an excellent instructor because she was always excited about teaching, and I truly felt like she was invested in her students' well-being.
* The Professor was a very personable and kind individual who constantly sought to understand whether the class was following her explanations of the subject matter. She would offer alternate explanations to topics presented in the class and would provide students with supplementary materials to practice the concepts. Her course was interesting and rewarding.
* Betsabé is a fantastic teacher. Every day, she managed to cover all the required material, but also made class fun and interesting. She offered helpful feedback on projects and essays, and I loved it when she talked to us about Spanish culture and how it compares to American culture. Overall, I had a great time in her class, and she really helped me improve my Spanish skills.
* Betsabé is an effective and talented educator who balances the need to connect with her students with motivating them to achieve. Especially in a foreign language course - where expression is so often intertwined with culture - I also appreciated Betsabé's efforts to bring a bit of Spain to the classroom.
The University of Mississippi (Oxford, MS), 2015-2018
Documentary: "The Interview Project: Motivation Techniques in the Classroom" My students at the University of Mississippi assessed my teaching methods and techniques in a number of recorded interviews that took place in July 2016 (Oxford, MS). This documentary highlights the most relevant extracts of those interviews.
The students who appear in this video authorized me to exhibit its content with academic/cultural/pedagogical purposes.
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville (TN), 2018---
I cannot possibly complement Dr. Navarro-Romero enough. She is one of the best teachers I have ever had. She is kind, so you are not so nervous in class, yet she corrects your mistakes so you learn and grow. She is understanding and thoughtful of her students. You can tell she really cares. She obviously knows her Spanish perfectly and she is a fantastic teacher. Truly she taught me so much! I am so thankful to have given the opportunity to take her class. I enjoyed every minute of it and learned so much from her!
* She is an absolutely wonderful teacher. She found her life's calling, no doubt!
* By far one of the best professors I've had at UT. Genuinely cares about your comprehension of the material. Has a great teaching style. Classes are very well organized and the environment is amazingly comfortable.
* Dr. Navarro is undoubtedly one of the best professors I have ever had at the university.
* I love Betsabe's teaching methods, she was very efficient using class time all the while making it a fun and laid back experience. She has probably my favourite professor since I have been in college. She is always accessible and responds to emails within a couple of hours. She is awesome and I always recommend her when I can.
* She was very engaging with the class and made it easy to reach out to her with any questions. Learning a new language is difficult, but she made it very smooth to learn and transition.
University of Santiago de Compostela (Spain), 2010-2012. English Literature courses
The Items evaluated are:
Item 1: The Teacher helps me understand the content of the course. Item 2: The Teacher motivates personal and individual work. Item 3: The Teacher answers the students’ questions very clearly. Item4: The Teacher makes sure students understand all explanations. Item 5: I am happy with the teacher’s work in tutorials. Item 6: I believe this teacher helped me learn. Item 7: I am generally happy with the teacher’s work.